- 3 chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1 red pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1 small can diced green chilies
- 1-2 Haas avocados
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3-4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt
Optional to taste:
- Gluten free corn tortillas
- Shredded cabbage
- Salsa (Mateo’s brand is delicious and has no added sugar)
- In a separate bowl, mix together fajita seasonings.
- Cut pepper, onions and chicken into strips. (Tip- Use kitchen scissors for cutting the chicken.)
- In evoo, saute onions and peppers, adding about half of the seasoning to the veggies. Add about 1/2 cup of water if moisture is needed. When cooked to preference, remove from heat.
- In evoo, saute chicken strips. When chicken is almost completely cooked, add remaining seasoning and about 1/2-1 cup of water to keep the chicken mixture moist.
- Warm tortillas in microwave for about 30 seconds.
- Set up like a taco bar. Chicken, peppers, avocado slices, shredded cabbage, salsa, and chopped cilantro. Enjoy!
*Tip* To save time, you can buy chicken breast already cut into strips, bag of shredded cabbage and pre-made guacamole.