Passion ignites me, determination fuels me, and service drives me. A long, healthy life begins from youth!”
Growing up, I was never the skinniest girl nor did I look like everyone else. I am the daughter of a Syrian immigrant father and American, biracial, U.S. Army Veteran mother. It was hard making friends growing up because of my multi-cultural background. These very truths forced me to work hard and push out of my comfort zone to put myself out there regardless of how different I was. I played competitive soccer from the age of ten until I completed high school. Playing soccer gave me the fortitude to grow and be confident in my own abilities, on and off the pitch. I decided to coach youth soccer for three years, at the recreational level and at my high school alma mater, to foster the same growth in other young people.
I now have the opportunity to use my experience, knowledge, and skills to shape young lives as the FitCity Kids coach. I want to ensure that our youth have a solid foundation of complete health, through camaraderie, fun and fitness!
- BS in Public Health, 2014
- FitTour Cycling Certified, (2014, 2016)
- CPR, First Aid, and AED Certified, (2014, 2016)
- Brand X Method Certified, 2016
- Masters in Public Health (MPH) with concentrations in Public Health Education and Global Health Practice (2016)
- Certified in Public Health (CPH), 2016
- Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES), 2016